1) Natural ageing. Over time, natural changes occur in the body’s chemistry and these changes effect the function and appearance of the skin.
2) Sun. Potentially one of the most damaging influences on the skin, ultraviolet light from the sun can dry and damage the skin and cause premature aging.
3) Humidity. Lack of moisture in the air (low humidity) can cause the skin to dry out, whilst high humidity creates excessive oiliness. Both extremes interfere with the natural balance of the skin’s functions.
4) Temperature extremes. Excessively cold or hot temperatures together with low humidity remove moisture from the skin surface.
5) Wind: Wind can also have a drying effect on the skin in addition to carrying wind borne dust and dirt that stick to the skin and potentially clog the pores.
6) Pollution: Air borne pollutants can also clog the pores and have the potential to irritate the skin.