Friday, January 18, 2008
Some Beautifying Recipes
You would require 1 cup watermelon pieces, 2 tbsp. witch hazel (a shrub), and 2 tbsp. water.
Preparation: Blend the watermelon pieces in a blender. Strain the liquid. Add witch hazel and water in the blended juice. Dab this juice on your face using a cotton ball. This mixture is rich in sugar and vitamins like A and B. The strong astringent properties and water content gets you a fresh and clean face.
Works as a Exfoliate
Mash a cup of watermelon chunks and then apply this paste on your face. Find a place to relax for 10 minutes. Rinse it later. It is a process of natural facelift helping in cleansing and tightening the skin.
For Dry Skin
Mash a cup of watermelon chunks mixed with a banana. Banana acts like a binding agent enhancing the effect of the watermelon.
For Oily Skin
Yogurt and watermelon are a great combination for oily skin. By applying this mixture on your face, it assists in the process of exfoliation. The lactic acid in the yogurt does wonders on your skin.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
Health benefits: This wonder fruit does great things for your body. In the first place it is rich in electrolytes (sodium and potassium) that we lose through sweat. Also the fruit is very filling, has less calorie content and above all is very nourishing.
The watermelon consists of 93% water. A two- cup serving of watermelon contains many important vitamins and minerals. It is a multi-vitamin fruit and contains vitamins A, B6 and C to potassium and iron, which will surely boost your health. Dieticians advise that we should begin the morning with diced melon as they cleanse the body. A bowl of watermelon every morning starts a summer day off with close to no- fat, high fiber goodness. Taken with breakfast, it helps to protect you from the heat. Watermelon is also recommended to be taken in the evenings which are filled with physical activity.
Watermelons are great antioxidants that help you fight free radicals.
Watermelon contains lycopene which is a carotenoid and pigment that gives fruits and vegetables their red color. Preliminary research shows that consuming foods containing lycopene are associated with a decreased risk of prostrate and cervical cancer. Watermelon contains higher concentrations of lycopene (15-20 mg per two-cup serving) than any other fresh fruit or vegetable.
s a beauty aid: This versatile fruit is also a well-known beauty aid. It is widely used in beauty products like lipsticks, lip-gloss and shower gels. Watermelon essence is added to bath and body fragrances.
Watermelon juice protects the skin from the sun. It also clears the skin leaving it free from blemishes, fresh and lovely. Grate a watermelon, squeeze out the juice and apply on the face for 15 minutes. Wash with hot water and then splash on cold water. Your face will feel fresh and clean.
The fiber content in watermelon ensures toxins are scrubbed out of your system leaving your skin healthy and glowing. Mixed with a pinch of gram flour the pulp makes for an excellent scrub.
Watermelon pulp also makes for an excellent 10 minute pack, re-hydrating and exfoliating the skin, leaving it toned and glowing.
To close gaping pores, try rubbing watermelon juice frozen into ice cubes with crushed mint leaves, over the face.
The modern lifestyle consumes a lot of body energy, and the natural body processes are unable to produce enough energy to keep us going. Factors like eating too much of fast food, not eating enough natural foods, over-indulgence, using too many medicines, drugs, lack of proper exercise, excess anxiety and pollution etc. further weaken our energy. Thus the vital power of the body which maintains the beauty, luster and glow, will be affected and reduced in the body. This has to be prevented and supplemented in a natural way, wherever possible.
Ayurveda describes many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay young and beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.
Below are some simple 'techniques' to achieve a naturally beautiful skin.
Grate raw coconut and squeeze milk out of it. Apply this milk over your lips and face. It adds grace and glow to your skin.
For normal skin mix 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a cup of yogurt, to make a paste. Apply it on face as a mask and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then clean it off with a wet tissue. This mask enhances the complexion and glow of face.
Exfoliate twice a week to rid your skin of dead cells.
A protein mask -- Soak a teaspoon of urad dal and 5-6 almonds overnight. Grind this to a fine paste applies this protein mask on face and washes it off after half an hour. This mask nourishes the facial skin and also enhances the complexion.
Application of pure castor oil prevents wrinkles and softens the skin. This slows down the aging process also.
Home made conditioner : mix one tablespoon of honey and 2-table spoon of cream. Apply this mixture on face and wash it off after few minutes.
Rubbing a raw potato on face removes marks and pigments.
Prepare a homogenious mixture of cucumber juice, glycerin and rose water. Apply this mixture on face. This mixture can be refrigerated.
Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash the face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This clears the complexion and keeps it healthy.
Take 50 ml. of raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.
Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bed time is very useful in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin. It makes the skin soft, and can also be applied to other parts of the body.
Take 50 ml. of tomato juice and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.
Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour and make a paste with sesame oil. Apply it to the face to remove unwanted hair.
|FOR BLEMISHES ON THE FACE|
It may occur due to many reasons. Sometimes due to illness or some form of allergy some dark patches on the face. Some gentle application will help to get rid of them.
Rub in some pure coconut oil before going to bed. And wash well in the morning. Repeat for 15 days.
Prevent Acne From The Inside With These Foods:
- Organic Green Tea - This is rich in an anti-inflammatory chemical called catechins, which helps to combat free radicals and prevent fine lines.
- Olive oil - good monounsaturated fats like olive or sesame oil contain essential fatty acids that are needed for good health. Fats are an integral part of cell membranes and will help to nourish the skin and give it an inner glow.
- Walnuts - They are rich in omega-3 oils, another powerful antioxidant that helps to keep the skin plump and flexible. Omega-3 oils are also found in oily fish such as salmon, or in flaxseed oil.
- Berries - Blueberries, raspberries, cranberries are all rich in phytochemicals that are protective of skin cells. You can't get the same results though, from frozen or preserved fruit.
- Lemon Juice - It's a natural bleach and can be used to fade sunspots and freckles. Put a slice of lemon over the spot and leave it for 10 minutes everyday for a week, or exfoliate by rubbing a cut lemon and half a teaspoon of granulated sugar over the skin for a few minutes. Be careful not to get any lemon in your eyes and stop immediately if you get a bad reaction as some people have extremely sensitive skin.
- Watermelon - Some people believe that rubbing their faces with the rind of a watermelon will give them beautiful skin.There is plenty of truth to this, as the pulp of the fruit is a good exfoliant and watermelon is rich in vitamins A, B and C. The fruit contains a lot of water which serves to hydrate the skin and the gentle massaging action will stimulate lymphatic drainage.
- Low-Fat Dairy Products - One the most important components of skin health is vitamin A. One of the best places to get it is low-fat dairy products. In fact, experts say that the health of our skin cells is dependent on dietary vitamin A.
- Whole-Wheat Bread, Cereals and Brazil nuts - Dietary selenium comes from nuts, cereals, meat, fish, and eggs. Brazil nuts are the richest ordinary dietary source. The mineral selenium connects all these foods for healthy skin. Experts say selenium plays a key role in the health of skin cells. Some studies show that even skin damaged by the sun may suffer fewer consequences if selenium levels are high.
- Yogurt - Yogurt is a very important natural beauty aid. Apply yogurt on the face every morning. Wash it off after a few minutes with cold water. This will keep the complexion smooth, healthy and fresh. A mixture of yogurt and lemon juice is ideal for softening hands.
- Water - While the exact amount you should drink each day varies, no one disputes the role good hydration plays in keeping skin looking healthy and even young. When that hydration comes from pure, clean water - not liquids such as soda or even soup - experts say skin cells rejoice.
A good reference guide about treating and curing acne is a
Monday, January 7, 2008
Papaya aids in digestion.Papaya contains a protein digesting enzyme called ‘papain’ and hence one of the best foods for digestion. The juice of the unripe fruit is used in the preparation of various remedies for indigestion and in the manufacture of meat tenderizers.
Papaya in cosmeticsPapaya fruit pulp and the dried latex is the basic component of many facial creams, salves and shampoos.
The skin of the ripe papaya can be refrigerated and later used to wash one’s face. The people of Java Island have a clear skin which they credit to papaya.
Papaya is anti-cancerousPapaya has been found to have anti-cancerous properties and also helps in prevention of gallstones.
Papaya for diabetics
Papaya is one fruit despite its sweetness is not contraindicated in diabetes.
Papaya to remove corns and warts.Touch the hardened skin or the corn/ wart with the milky juice oozing from the papaya leaf tip to soften it.
Papaya in delayed periods.Eating the green unripe papaya is effective in the case of delayed periods.
Aloe vera syrup is also an effective remedy.
Papaya to ease swellings.The juice of raw papaya, being an irritant, can be applied to swellings to prevent suppuration.
Papaya in respiratory disorders.The latex is useful in respiratory disorders like cough, bronchitis and breathlessness.
Papaya to cure chronic ulcers on skin.Mix some butter in the juice of papaya and apply for quick drying and healing of long standing ulcers.
Papaya for healing wounds.The skin of the papaya is a first class external treatment for skin wounds and surgical incisions and other places which do not heal quickly.
The pulp from the juicer can be used for this and as a poultice.
Papaya as an antidote for hypertension.The liberal amount of potassium in it helps in checking blood pressure and improving mental alertness.
Papayas provide protection against heart disease.
The nutrients in papaya help prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. Only when cholesterolbecomes oxidized is it able to stick to and build up in blood vessel walls, forming dangerous plaques that can eventually cause heart attacks or strokes.
Papaya boosts the immune system.The beta-carotene in papaya, is needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system.
Papaya is therefore, a healthy fruit choice for preventing such illnesses as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu.Papaya for better eyesightEating 3 or more servings of this fruit per day may lower your risk of age-related macular degeneration, the primary cause of vision loss in older adults.
Papaya is good for skin.Intake of papaya reduces the effects of stress and strain of modern life on skin. The enzyme papain acts as an exfoliative agent and removes dead cells and lifts away the dry skin.
The antioxidants in papaya control premature ageing of the skin, thus imparting a youthful look.Papaya face pack for pimples, blemishes and frecklesApply finely ground paste of raw papaya on the face for 15-20 minutes.
It is beneficial for pimples, freckles and other embarrassing blemishes besides making the skin smooth and soft.Papaya face pack for dry skinMash a small section of papaya; mix it with one tsp of milk cream (malai). Apply on the face for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off. This pack is very effective for dry skin.
Papaya face pack:
Apply 2 tablespoons of papaya pulp on your face and let it dry. Then wash off with lukewarm water. One can also mix lemon juice in it
Two to three tablespoons of tomato juice.
Fifty grams of oatmeal
One twenty five grams of yogurt
Hundred ml of distilled water.
Mix tomato juice with yoghurt. Boil the mixture of oatmeal and water for 20 minutes.
Mix both the mixtures together to make a smooth paste and allow it to cool. Lie down and apply it thickly on face and neck and leave it as such for 30 minutes.
Keep eyes closed and feel relaxed. Then rinse off with cold water. It is an effective remedy for clearing blackheads and pimples and it will leave the skin soft and will take away the greasy film from the skin.
Honey face pack:
Half tablespoon of honey
Two teaspoon of water
Two teaspoon of multani mitti.
One teaspoon of lemon juice.
Soak multani mitti powder in water for half an hour. Add honey and lemon juice to it and apply the mixture on face. Wait for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Then give a cold water rinse.
Orange face pack:
One teaspoon of orange juice.
One teaspoon of multani mitti.
One tablespoon of honey
Two teaspoon of rose water
Soak multani mitti powder in rose water for half an hour. When soaked well, add orange juice and honey and mix them well. A fine paste is obtained. Apply this paste on face, and let it dry. Then wash with lukewarm water. Then give a cold water rinse.
Olive face pack:
One teaspoon of olive oil.
One tablespoon of cornflakes powder.
Two tablespoon of water
One tablespoon of almond oil.
Mix the almond oil and olive oil. Mix water and cornflakes powder to make a paste. Add oil mixture to this paste a little by little. Keep beating the paste. When the paste is ready, apply on face and let it dry. Then wash off with lukewarm water and then give a cold water rinse.
Strawberry face pack:
Take three strawberries.
One tablespoon of rose water.
Mash strawberries and then add rose water to the pulp. Apply this on face for around half an hour. Then wash off with lukewarm water. Now rinse with cold water.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Home Remedies for wrinkle on skin
The role of a balanced diet for a healthy, youthful looking skin cannot be undermined. A diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains paves the way for a wrinkle-free skin.
Here are some simple home remedies to deal with wrinkles on skin and prevent the formation of new ones –
Apply egg whites to the skin under your eyes.
Odor-free castor oil can be applied to the skin under the eyes or on that of the throat.
Empty the contents of 3 Vitamin E capsules into a small bowl. Add to this 2 tsps plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse.
A mixture of 1/4 cup comfrey infusion, 1/4 cup witch hazel and 10 drops of patchouli essential oil is effective in treating wrinkles. This can be stored in a clean bottle and applied on affected areas with a cotton ball.
Gently massage coconut oil on portions of skin prone to wrinkles every night a bedtime.
A paste of turmeric made with sugarcane juice is great to get rid of wrinkles and slow skin ageing.
Cut a green Thompson seedless grape in half and gently crush it on your face on the wrinkles. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water and let it dry in natural air.
Rub the core of pineapple on the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. This works well on fine wrinkles.
Applying juice of green pineapples and apples on the face daily for 10-15 minutes is good for fine wrinkles and cracked skin.
Application of pure castor oil regularly prevents wrinkles.
Flax seed oil is an excellent wrinkle cure agent. Take a tablespoon of flax seed oil 4 times a day. This may cause diarrhea, so make sure your body is used to taking flax seed oil.
Consume at least 4-6 liters of water everyday. This is the best way to hydrate and moisturize your skin from within.
More smiling, less squinting and frowning are ways to keep your face young, wrinkle-free and attractive.
Use natural moisturizing creams and lotions regularly. Light massage with cream or lotion every night can keep your skin soft and supple.
Use a good quality sunscreen lotion whenever you go out in the sun.
Natural homemade herbal tips here gives remedies for most of all our problems. Herbals are safe. If we follow naturals it won't give any side effects.
Natural home made herbal tip to treat pimples Wipe your skin with rose and camphor water tonic. Follow it up by rubbing tomato halves on the affected areas. This will reduce the oiliness and help shrink open pores. Also apply a mask of sandalwood paste to which add a piece of camphor. Drink 10-12 glasses of water everyday.
Herbal tip to remove suntan Take 4 tsp of sandalwood powder, five tbsp. of coconut and two tsp of almond oil. Mix together and apply on the exposed areas.Natural way to help remove tan in armsMassage with sandalwood based cream and apply a paste of multani mitti (fullers earth) and sandalwood powder mixed together.
Tip to treat dull skin Mix 2 tsp of whole-wheat flour with milk and scrub all over the face until the milk is absorbed. Wash off with cold water.
Anti-wrinkle face pack for dry skin One tsp of honey, 2 drops of sandalwood oil and two tsp of milk. Mix together and massage this into your skin. Wipe off with a moist cotton wool pad. Apply egg white that has been whipped thoroughly. Let it dry completely and wash off with chilled water to which add 2 drops of geranium oil. This tightens skin, makes it soft and fragrant too.
To treat cracked lips and to keep it soft Apply pure coconut oil on your lips, add a tsp of honey. Massage your lips with this several times a day.
To treat scaly legs Take 5 tbsp. of sea salt and mix with milk. Scrub on the skin vigorously and wash off. It acts as a powerful cleanser and exfoliater.
Natural blood purifier Boil 10 neem leaves every day and drink this water. Keep the skin completely oil free. Add a tsp of camphor powder to 100ml of rose water. Wipe face with this tonic several times a day.
To treat marks Take a cup of both red and white sandal wood powder and half cup of oatmeal. Mix with a little milk and rose water and scrub all over face and body, 3times a week until mark fades.
For a glowing skin It is essential to clean, tone and moisturize skin daily. Take a tsp of milk and honey and massage face with it, followed with an application of a tsp of almond paste and a tsp of sandalwood paste mixed together with the juice of a lemon and some mashed papaya. Scrub your face well with it in slow circular motions; this will cleanse face and glow.OREat healthy food and add the cucumber and banana to your daily diet. Drink at least 2 glasses of milk everyday.
Make the following mask.
Take 2 tsp of sandal wood paste, 2tsp of gram flour, a pinch of camphor powder, 3 tsp of almond paste, 10 strands of saffron, the white of an egg and some milk to mix it all into a smooth paste. Apply all over the skin and leave on for 20 mins. Dab with cold milk and scrub off gently. This should be used 3 times a week.
Natural homemade herbal tips to remove dark circles
Cause: lack of sleep, tension, inadequate diet, lack of water, internal weakness, cause dark circles under the eyes. If any of the causes may be the reason then get down to treating it. Most of our skin problems are internal and require treating from within before we even begin other skin treatments.
1)Massage the area with almond and coconut oil daily and wipe off after 30 mins.
Make the following eye pack.
2)Take one tsp of almond paste, half a tsp of sandalwood paste, half a tsp of grated potato, 10 drops of lemon juice and half a tsp of fresh cream.
3)Mix together and apply around your eyes. Let dry completely and wash off gently. This should be done on alternate days.
4)Start to massage the area around the eyes with 2 to 5 drops of coconut oil every day before going to bed. Wipe off with some moist cotton wool after 20 mins.
5)Drink 10-12 glasses of water.
6)Wipe skin daily with rose water and glycerin mixed together.
7)Apply a face pack of sandalwood powder with rosewater once a week.
1 banana, just ripe1 tablespoon honey1 egg yolk1 teaspoon wheat germ oil1 tablespoon finely powdered oats1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional, if mask will not be used immediately)1 drop each rose and Melissa essential oils (optional)
1. Peel and mash banana. Add honey, egg yolk, wheat germ oil, oats, and lemon juice, if used, and mash further to form a smooth, creamy paste.
2. If mask is too thick, add a bit of distilled water, and stir until smooth.
3. Add essential oils last, and stir to mix well.
4. To use, apply to clean face and neck, avoiding eye and mouth areas. Rest for 10 minutes, or longer if your skin is very dry. Rinse with warm water, and follow with toner and moisturizer, if desired. Use mask within a few hours of making.
1. An apple a dayBlend half an apple into a puree, add two teaspoons of honey and squeeze in a capsule of vitamin E. Mix well and apply for 10-15 minutes.
2. Carrot-honey scrub Wash and peel a medium-sized carrot and blend in a mixer along with two teaspoons of honey. Add a teaspoon of coarse rava (semolina) and a few drops of lavender essential oil (optional), and apply immediately. Scrub off with circular movements of your palms after about 15 minutes. This works as a skin conditioner while exfoliating your skin.
3. Orange-yogurt mask Whisk three tablespoons of full cream yogurt with three teaspoons of orange juice. The lactic acid in the yogurt helps peel off dead skin cells and is a whitening agent. The orange juice acts as a skin toner, tightening up open pore.
4. Pumpkin-egg yolk nourisher Take a two-inch cube of ripe orange pumpkin and puree it. Add an egg yolk and blend well. You can add a few drops of rose or sandalwood essence to disguise the odour of the egg. Egg yolk contains vital nutrients that nourish the skin and pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A.
5. Grandma's sandal pack The age-old recipe for beautiful skin -- sandalwood paste -- does indeed work wonders. Crush a small piece of sandalwood (available at shops selling pooja supplies) till you get half a teaspoon of brown paste. Mix this with besan (gram flour) or Multani mitti (Fuller's earth) and a few drops of milk to make a thick paste. Apply over face and neck and leave for 15 minutes.
Use this pack at least twice a week for best results
.Even with normal skin, there may be seasonal fluctuations. For instance, your skin might feel a slightly drier in winter or a stickier in summer, so vary your face pack accordingly by adding an extra ingredient or two. You can add milk cream or olive oil in the winter to your routine pack to increase its moisturising capacity. Conversely, a few drops of lemon juice in the summer take care of any excess oiliness.
Acne is an inflammatory skin disease that can occur in any age but mostly in the period of puberty. This skin problem originates from the root of the hair follicles where they are associated with sebaceous glands. Such structures are called as pilosebaceous glands. When the blood circulating in these glands is impure, then it causes eruptions on the surface of the skin. These eruptions are commonly called as pimples or zits.
What are the causes of acne?
• Improper or faulty diet
• More sexual desires in adolescence
• Deficiency of vitamin A
• Menstrual problems, such as irregular or delayed periods
What should be the diet to cure acne?
• Eat green leafy vegetables. This will provide the cellulose for roughage, which takes care of proper movement of bowels
• Avoid spicy and sugary food. Keep your diet a perfect balance of foods with different tastes.
• Include fresh fruits in your diet. This will build up proper water content in your body, which will make the blood purer.
• Do not eat fatty, deep fried, high sugar content food and milk products
• Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
Do’s and don’t for acne
• Protect the affected area from harmful rays of sun and also don’t wash your face frequently and keep your skin dry.
• Prefer using mild natural cleanser for skin cleaning to prevent acne growth.
• Try to expose your skin to fresh air and sunlight. This will help in opening the pores on the skin and lead to better circulation
• Avoid any type of stress. Stress can release more hormones, which would exacerbate the acne. Do those activities only which you like most.
Acne skin care through home recipes
• Prepare a paste of orange peels and apply on the affected area.
• Squeeze indian plum or jambola in water and this paste must be applied on the affected part. This is more effective in the pimples that appear in early youth.
• You can also prepare a mixture of nutmeg and red sandalwood in water. Apply this mixture on the face.
• Prepare a paste of either turmeric and neem leaves or turmeric and sandalwood paste also gives relief from acne
• You can also apply grated potatoes on affected area to get relief from acne pain and inflammation.
• Apply garlic paste on the affected area. It will help the acne to dry living no scars.
• You can also boil tulasi (holy basil) leaves on water. Cool it and apply on effected area with cotton, it is beneficial for acne treatment
How ayurveda helps in acne cure?
There are few herbs that are found to be beneficial in the treatment of acne.
• Mint leaves (Pudina): The leaves of pudina have good cooling properties, and are commonly used as anti-inflammatory agent.
• Papaya: It has excellent properties for reducing pimples by direct application on them.
• Turmeric (Haldi): It is also commonly used for all skin ailments, including psoriasis
• Sandalwood (Chandan): It has also very cooling effects and its mild fragrance brings freshness to the affected part. It purifies the blood and prevents further outbreaks of acne.
• Aloe vera: It takes care of marks left behind by acne that have dried away. It restores the former sheen of the skin.
Following are some of the simple tips for sunburn:
• Avoid excess sun exposure like excess outing and swimming.
• Never scrub your face excessively and always use natural soaps and lotion.
• Do not apply milk cream or oily lotions to the sunburn affected area as it lead much pigmentation and damage to the skin.
• Drink plenty of water everyday as it keeps the skin which is sunburn moisturized and acts as a good substitute of the fluid which you lost by sun exposure.
• Develop a practice of daily skin cleansing using natural face wash or mild soaps.
• Apply natural sun protective cream on the skin before going out to the sun.
• Wear sunglass when you are going out in the sun.
• Do not use harsh chemical based soap, and face wash for washing sunburn face as it cause inflammation and much damage to the skin.
• Eat fresh fruits that are high in water content such as watermelons, oranges, sweet limes and cantaloupes.
Home Remedies for Sunburn
Following are some of the effective home remedies for sunburn:
• Make a paste of some barley powder in milk. Add little olive oil to it. Then add honey and the white of an egg. Blend the whole thing into a consistent paste and apply it on the skin. This method is only effective for sunburns on the face.
• Prepare a mixture of tomato juice in buttermilk, in the ratio of 1:6 by composition. Apply this mixture on the sunburned parts. This will help the skin to be healed very quickly.
• Take cabbage or lettuce leaves and soak them in cold water or refrigerate them. When they are cold enough, lay them on the affected parts of the skin. This will reduce the sunburns and heal them.
• Dip few drops of rose water in a cold water and have a refreshing bath. This will act as a good sunburn reliever in the summer days.
• For slightly more aggravated sunburns, you can have a tub bath in cool water. Be sure to keep the sunburned parts of your skin for at least fifteen minutes in the water.
• If the sunburn has affected your cheeks and the areas under your eyes, then used tea bags or slices of cucumber, potato and tomato can be placed on these regions.
• Add few drops of sandalwood oil in the cold water and have a refreshing bath. This will cool down and relief the sunburn skin and keeps a healthy balance of your body.
• Add few drops of vinegar in a bucket of water and soak a soft cotton cloth and put it on the face (except on eyes) and other body parts, this act as good sunburn reliever.
• Prepare milk and water solution in a ratio of (1:1) and soak a soft cloth in this solution and put on face and other sunburn affected area. This will relieve discomfort caused from sunburn.
• Mix 3-4 tablespoons of oatmeal in the water and take a refreshing bath. This reduces skin itching and irritation.
• Mix few drops of peppermint oil in a bath tub and enjoy the refreshing bath.
• Apply cucumber juice to soften the skin and reduce redness and inflammation of the skin caused due to sunburn. Mix one tablespoon cucumber juice and one tablespoon milk and dab your face using this solution; this relives the burning sensation and puffiness caused because of sunburn.
Herbal Remedies for Sunburn
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for sunburn:
• Aloe vera (ghrita kumari) is a natural sunscreen. Apply aloe vera paste on the skin before going out into the sun. It is a natural barricade to the harmful rays of the sun.
• Sandalwood (chandana) has cooling properties and is an herbal sunscreen. Apply its paste on the skin before going out into the sun. Dilute the paste otherwise it becomes too thick and stretches uncomfortably on the skin.
• Apply onion juice on sunburn affected area to keep the skin cool and reduces inflammation.
Following are some of the simple tips for head lice:
• Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo for washing your hair.
• Do not use comb, towel and dress of those who are having head lice. Lice transmit very fast from one head to another through these substances.
• If you find hard to manage long hair, cut them regularly. Dirt, dust gives birth to these lice, so keep your hair short and tidy.
• Lice transfer from one head to another. Stay away from those with head lice.
• Never allow your scalp to dry, as this will lead to dandruff and head lice. Keep your scalp clean and apply coconut hair oil.
Home Remedies for Head Lice
Following are some of the effective home remedies for head lice:
• Prepare a mixture by adding egg yolk, vinegar and lemon juice. Take egg yolk of 2 eggs and add 2-3 tablespoon of vinegar and equal amount of lemon juice into it. Mix it well and apply on the scalp. Allow it to dry for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It is also a good home remedy for head lice.
• Lemon juice is an effective home remedy for treating head lice and dandruff. Take 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice and garlic paste each and mix them. Apply this mixture over the scalp and allow it to dry for 25-30 minutes. Wash your hair in cold water and rinse off the all dirt, dust, etc.
• Vinegar is also useful in removing head lice. Take 3-4 tablespoon of vinegar, add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and garlic paste. Mix it well and apply it on the scalp. Allow it to dry for 2 hours and wash it off. Do this 3-4 times a month.
• Olive oil is also very useful in killing head lice. Apply olive oil on your hair and cover it with a plastic bag. Keep it overnight, later with the help of lice comb take out all the head lice. Repeat this after every 10 days. It is very easy and effective way to get rid of head lice.
• Almond is another useful home remedy for head lice. Soak 10-12 almonds in water and make its paste. Add 3-4 tablespoon of lemon juice in it. Apply this mixture over your scalp, and allow it to dry for 1-2 hours. Wash hair with cold water.
Herbal Remedies for Head Lice
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for head lice:
• Neem leaves are also very commonly used in killing head lice. Apply its paste on hair, allow it to dry and then wash it off. Do this at least twice a week.
• Basil leaves (tulsi) are also useful in removing head lice. Take 20-30 basal leaves and make its paste. Either use it alone or mix with equal quantity of margosa leaf paste. Apply over the scalp and allow it to dry for half an hour and then wash it off. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dry skin:
• Eat fresh fruits. Consume sweet foods to build up the starch content in the skin.
• Cumin, coriander and turmeric are the best condiments and spices to be used in the diet. These soothe the skin.
• Water is the most important part of the diet for treating dry skin. Drink about 7 - 8 glasses of water daily.
• Restrict your intake of alcohol and caffeine containing beverages since they can make the skin drier.
• Do not use chemical soaps as it takes away the natural oil from your face.
• Do yoga and aerobics regularly as it keeps the skin clean and soft.
• Massage your face at least twice a week using rose water and glycerin. This will remove dry skin and will tone your skin.
• Protect your skin from harsh sun rays and air pollution as they let the skin to lose their moisture and beauty oils.
• Avoid applying makeup on dry skins as it makes the skin rough and dry.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Following are some of the effective home remedies for dry skin:
• Prepare a paste by mixing avocado, one banana and half papaya. Apply this paste on your face, neck and other dry skin area and let it dry for 15 minutes then using warm water wash your face. It is very useful in treating dry skin and clear scars.
• Prepare a paste using 1 teaspoon egg yolk, 1-2 teaspoons milk powder, and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this paste on face, neck and other dry skin area and let it dry for 10-15 minutes then wash your face using cold water. It is very effective homemade recipe for dry skin.
• Apple is also effective natural remedy for dry skin. It contains potassium and tannin that are vital for maintaining the healthy texture of the skin. It removes the dryness of the skin and makes it appear shinier. Take 2-3 apples, grate them and apply on the skin, keep it for 20 minutes and then wash using cold water.
• Cucumber is also commonly used for dryness especially of the face. Its juices have a cooling effect on the face and provide the lost water content to the face and reduce its dryness.
• Honey is a boon for natural skin care. Take ½ tablespoon of honey and mix it with 1-2 tablespoon of rose water. Apply on face, neck, and other dry skin area. This will clean the skin, tones it, and makes it glowing.
• Almonds are also applied on the skin for nourishing. Face massage using almond oil makes the skin soft and removes dry skin. This is natural and best.
• Lemon has a lot of benefits to our health. It is an integral part of many homemade recipes. Mix one teaspoon lime juice with one teaspoon avocado and apply this on the face and let it dry for 10-20 minutes, it will clean the skin and remove dry skin.
Herbal Remedies for Dry Skin
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for dry skin:
• No doubt aloe vera is miracle herb for skin care. It replenishes the skin by providing the nutrients. Its extracts are used for massaging the skin. It is very effective herbal remedy for dry skin.
• Prepare a mixture by adding 3-4 tablespoons of Fuller earth (multani mitti) with 8-10 mint (pudina) leaves. Freeze the pack overnight. Keep outside for 10-15 minutes and then apply it on your face. After 10-15 minutes, wash off and pat dry. It has good results in treating dry skin.
Beauty is the evergreen topic especially if you are very concerned to your look. Natural ingredients available at your home have essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and healing properties that work with your body to heal and protect the skin naturally without any cosmetic cover ups.
• Mix a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk. Let this mask set on your face for 30 minutes for a glowing skin.
• Mix ½ cup honey to your bath water for soft and smooth skin.
• Paste of mint leaves and almonds, mixed with warm water and applied all over body till it dries and rinsed off with warm water makes a soothing body pack.
• For dark underarms and neck - apply lemon juice mixed with cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric daily. Leave this on for 20 minutes.
• A mix of crushed mint leaves and oats applied for 20 minutes and washed off with warm water will reduce pimples.
• For hairs on your face, apply a sticky paste of egg white blended with sugar and corn flour. When it dries, gently peel it off. Repeat this three to four times a week.
• For supple skin, apply a ripe mashed banana on your face for 20 minutes daily.
• Try this natural bleach to lighten the tan. Mix orange peels (sun dried and powdered) with milk. Apply this paste for 25 minutes and rinse off.
For a healthy, radiant and glowing skin you just need to open your kitchen cabinet and with a couple of minutes your can make some very effective natural beauty products. Many of the items in your kitchen can provide natural skin care that even those expensive, chemical filled beauty cosmetics and products do not provide that cost a big portion of your pocket money.
Below are some effective home made beauty preparations that will help you to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
• Try olive oil as a moisturizer. You can also use it to soothe sunburned skin.
• Vinegar can work wonders for smelly feet and armpits. Mix water and vinegar 50/50, and use in place of deodorant: it will keep the unpleasant sweat smell away, without any irritation.
• Egg yolk mixed with honey makes a good face mask. Put it on your skin, leave it on for 20 minutes, and rinse off. It is excellent for sensitive skins.
• Mash avocados, smooth it onto your face, and rinse off after 20 minutes. It is a great treatment for dry skin.
• Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil for a great home made moisturizer for your dry skin. Apply this concoction for 10 minutes.
• For dark circles under the eyes, dip cotton pads in chilled mixture of cucumber and potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off.
It is often seen that skin care products we purchase from the market results in lots of side effects. So it is always better to use either homemade beauty recipes or herbal products for skin care. Facial masks offer the best protection in fighting against skin disorders.Some Useful Homemade Facial Masks for Natural Skin Glow
1. Avocado Facial Mask- Mash half an avocado and apply it on the face thoroughly everywhere and let it stay till it dries up completely and then wash it off with cold water.
2. Cucumber Yogurt Facial Mask- Make a puree of ½ a cucumber and 1 tablespoon yogurt in a blender and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
3. Banana Honey Yogurt Facial Mask- Mash a banana thoroughly and mix it with 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons yogurt and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face till the skin absorbs.
4. Egg Almond Facial Mask- This is very good for dry skin. Beat 1 egg and add 1 teaspoon of almond oil to it and mix it thoroughly and apply it on the face evenly and leave it on for around 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off after that with cold water.
5. Cornmeal Facial Mask- Take enough cornmeal which will be required for the face and mix it water and make a thick tight paste and apply it in circular motions to the face and then leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
Usually we think that to look beautiful requires a heavy budget and a frequent visit to beauty parlors. But this is a big myth. All we need is self consciousness, confidence and to know few simple natural skin care recipes to make your skin glow as never before. In this article I have discussed some exfoliating facial masks that can be done at home.
An exfoliating facial mask recipe has to have an enzyme or an ingredient that will be able to gently, yet powerfully remove the dead skin cells.
Pineapple is considered the best. It contains bromelain, an enzyme that removes the dead cells and cleanses the pores. It is an astringent and helps close dilated pores while making the skin look refreshed.
Pineapple exfoliating facial mask
4 large pineapple chunks
1/2 cup canned and drained pineapple3
tablespoons of olive oil
Using a blender, blend all the ingredients until the mix is smooth.
Apply on the face and leave on for 15 minutes.
Rinse well and pat dry.
Papaya facial mask
Papaya is a strong exfoliating agent, although it does not smell all that nice Egg white in this mask tones the skin and honey helps it retain the moisture.
1/2 ripe papaya, skinned and seeded1 beaten egg white
1 teaspoon of honeyPreparationSimply mix all the ingredients together.
Carefully, so you don’t touch the eyes, apply the mask on the face and leave on for 20 minutes.Rinse well and pat dry.
Stimulating clay maskClay masks
are probably what everyone thinks of when talking about facial masks. They are basic and highly efficient.This exfoliating facial mask removes dead skin cells and at the same time absorbs any excess oil. Yogurt and honey in it help moisturize, nourish and protect the skin.Store this mask in a glass jar or plastic container and refrigerate.
1/2 teaspoon cosmetic clay
2 teaspoons of yogurt
1/2 teaspoon of honey
Combine all the ingredients and apply on the face.
Leave on for 15 minutes.
Rinse off using warm water.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Things You'll Need
1 tbsp. unsalted softened butter
Large strawberry (for normal skin)
1/4 small cucumber (for dark circles)
1 tbsp. lemon juice (for oily skin)
One egg yolk (for dry skin)
1) Place 1 tbsp. of unsalted softened butter in a blender. Butter is an excellent source of Vitamin A and makes a perfect face mask for sensitive, damaged or sunburned skin.
2) Add one large strawberry to the blender if you have normal to dry skin. Strawberries are high in alpha-hydroxy acids, and will help to clear acne and gently clean the skin. Alpha-hydroxy acids are also said to slow the process of aging, reducing and preventing wrinkles.
3) Place one quarter or about a 1-inch slice of cucumber into the blender if you would like to combat dark circles around the eyes or puffiness in your face and neck. Cucumber not only reduces puffiness, but it is also the same pH as skin, gently cleansing without stripping your face of its natural protective oils. For added benefit, cut two thin slices of cucumber to cover your eyes during your facial, and eat the rest of the cucumber, which can help to reduce water retention.
4) Squeeze 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon into the blender if you would like a butter face mask formulated for oily skin. Lemon is a natural and gentle astringent that cleans oil from the skin without over-drying. Lemon also refines and cleans pores, ridding your face of blackheads and oily shine.
5) Crack an egg and add the yolk to the blender for dry skin. Egg yolks, which contain high amounts of albumin, will moisturize dry skin and will help to refine pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
6) Blend the butter and your chosen ingredient. Apply the facial evenly to your clean face and neck and allow to set for 10 or 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water and patting dry.
Things You'll Need
2 tsp. gram flour
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1) Go to an Indian supermarket or a health food store to purchase gram flour. This flour goes by several different names like chickpea flour, garbanzo bean flour or besan, so look around carefully and ask the staff for help finding the right flour. If you can't get gram flour, you can use regular all-purpose flour instead.
2) Combine 2 tsp. gram flour and ¼ tsp. turmeric in a small bowl. Once these dry ingredients are well-mixed, slowly add several drops of milk and honey. Stir the mixture as you add the milk and honey, and judge the appropriate amounts by the mixture's consistency. You've added enough milk and honey when the mixture becomes a paste.
3) Wash your face thoroughly with soap and water. Make sure you remove all residue makeup so the turmeric face mask can properly penetrate your skin
4) Apply the turmeric paste to your entire face in an even layer, avoiding your eyes. Let the face mask sit for about 10 minutes.
5) Wipe off the bulk of the turmeric face mask with your fingers, then rinse your face with warm water to remove the rest.
Tips & Warnings
In Hindu weddings, the bride rubs turmeric paste over her arms and face before the ceremony. This traditional paste recipe is slightly different to the turmeric face mask, including ½ cup gram flour, 2 tsp. turmeric, 2 tsp. sandalwood powder, 2 tsp. almond oil and water to form a paste.
Things You'll Need
* 1 medium-sized ripe tomato
* 1 handful of green beans
* 1 tbsp. sour cream
1) Slice the tomato and place the chunks in a small cooking pot. The natural acids found in tomatoes make them a gentle and natural astringent, helping to clean the pores. Tomatoes are also rich in anti-oxidants which help regenerate skin, giving your face a healthy, younger look
2) Add a handful of green beans to the pot and cook until soft. Green beans are high in zinc, a vitamin which is known to heal damaged skin.
3) Mash the tomatoes and green beans until smooth and add 1 tbsp. of sour cream. The lactic acid found in sour cream will soothe and soften dry, itchy skin. Sour cream adds a moisturizing ingredient while at the same time tightening wrinkles and refining pores.
4) Wash your face with warm water and pat dry. Apply the still warm face mask evenly to your face and neck and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Gently rinse the mask off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Tips & Warnings
* This skin care treatment is great anytime, but especially helpful to reduce the damage of sun burns.
* This face mask can be stored for up to a week in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
* Never scrub your face while removing a skin care treatment.
1) Practice good habits. Poor diet, smoking and too much sun shows up on the skin by making even young skin looked aged. Diets high in Omega-3 oils mean healthy skin and hair. A good source of Omega-3s is oily fish like tuna or salmon. Take antioxidants to fight damage from the environment, and make sunscreen part of your daily care. Look for moisturizers and foundations that include sunscreen.
2) Clean your skin. Take off all makeup every night before going to bed. Wash skin with fragrance free soap make specifically for faces. If you're prone to breakouts or itchy skin, choose facial cleanser for sensitive skin
3) Say no to long hot showers that strip necessary oils from your skin. Think cooler and shorter showers to promote healthy skin. Apply moisturizer when your skin is still damp to lock in moisture.
4) Moisturize your skin regularly, particularly before going to bed. Choose moisturizer with alpha-hydroxy acids or try a couple of drops of olive oil at night to moisturize skin without leaving a greasy feeling.
5) Moisturize inside as well. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your insides hydrated. This translates to glowing skin on the outside
6) Give your skin extra care during the winter when dry air can dry out your skin. Consider running a humidifier to increase moisture in the air. Change to a heavier moisturizer
7) Exfoliate your skin regularly. Skin is alive and always replenishing itself. Help remove the dead skin with exfoliating products containing oatmeal or special exfoliating mitts.
A nice thing to do for your face each day is wash it with sugar. This combination chemical and physical exfoliant sends dulling dirt down the drain, can increase cell turnover so you can always put your newest face forward, and helps other products penetrate and work better. Best of all, you probably have some in your kitchen cabinet right now. Read on to learn how to keep facial skin youthful with sugar.
Things You'll Need
1) Put enough sugar for several treatments into a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. It’s more convenient to have your sugar handy at the sink than to run to the kitchen when you remember. You’re more likely to use it every day and consistency counts.
2) Wash your face with your normal cleanser and lukewarm water. Leave wet.
3) Spoon a tsp. or more of sugar into the palm of your hand. Drizzle a few drops of water over it...enough to dampen but not dissolve it.
4) Use the fingers of your other hand to apply the wet sugar mixture all over your face and neck.
5) Massage gently into your skin. Gently. There’s no need for force, since sugar exfoliates mainly by chemical means. A little mechanical action just adds to its effectiveness.
6) Brush your teeth, lotion your legs or pick out your outfit while you leave the sugar mixture on for about five minutes.
7) Rinse off with lukewarm water. You can remove most of it by splashing with your hands, but you may need a soft washcloth to remove the last bits of sugar from the neck and hairline. You can apply any products you normally use immediately.
Tips & Warnings
1) Note that this is one of the rare beauty treatments that works on both facial skin and neck skin.
2) Be sure to get all the sugar off your face and neck. You don’t want to go through the day sticky.
3)Splashing may get sugar water on the counter around your sink. You’ll want to wipe this off too.
We all want clear, glowing skin. Some even go as far as spending hundreds of dollars to get it. But what if all it takes is $3 and a spoonful of honey?
Things You'll Need
* 5 regular aspirin tablets (about $3 for an entire bottle)
* A spoonful of honey or water
* A small bow
1) Wash your face and pat it dry. This will be easy, I promise!
2) Crush 5 aspirin tablets in a small bowl and add a spoonful of honey. Mix the two together
3) Now, you can either spread the mixture over your entire face as a mask, or use it as a spot treatment. First first timers, I would encourage you to try a small area first (as you should when trying ANY new product).
4) Wait 12 minutes or so (until it feels dry) and rinse the mixture off your face. Pat your face dry. I repeat, PAT it dry-- not harshly rub your face in a towel.
5) Within a few hours or the next morning, your face will be glowing, your skin tone will look more even, and most importantly, those pesky pimples will be long gone. But don't just take my word for it, try it out!
Pimples is a unique skin disorder.Pimples are lesions that occur when the skin's pores are obstructed or infected.They can form for a variety of reasons.However,the mechanism involved in causing some pores to collapse and block drainage of natural oils is not really understood. Pimples may also crop up for genetic reasons. It is not clear how it can be inherited from one's parents, but studies do indicate a high occurrence of pimples in children whose parents had it,too.
The pimples associated with adolescence almost certainly occur because of hormonal changes that take place during puberty. Both males and females get an overdose of the male hormone testosterone during this period,causing excessive generation of sebaceous fluids that invariably cause pimples.
GIVEN BELOW ARE A FEW SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES TO FIGHT PIMPLES.
1.The most basic form of pimple prevention is hygiene and preventive skin care. Regular washing of the affected areas with mild soap is a must.The soap need not necessarily contain any chemicals designed to prevent pimples .However, face washing should not be overdone or the skin will become dehydrated .
2.Care should be taken on makeup,moisturizers and other skin care products.If these products are oil based,it would just make the problem worse. Use water based products instead.
3.Generally we rub, press or squeeze our pimples.Don't when we do this,we risk spreading the bacteria to other areas.
4.Lemon juice diluted in water can be applied externally because of its antiseptic
5.Tea Tree oil can also be applied directly to infected pores.
6.Vitamin A tablets are also a natural and effective cure. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin.
7.Before bathing, apply a mixture of fresh tomato pulp, honey and rose-water to your face and keep for twenty minutes before washing off.
8.Juice of raw papaya is the best treatment for pimples.Apply fresh juice of raw papaya on pimples and get a good result.
9.Directly rub potato slices all over the face, helps to get rid of blemishes and
10.Drink plenty of water and vegetable or fruit juices.
11.Use cucumber or other fruit and vegetable packs to cure pimple scars.
12.Maintain a diet that is rich in cottage cheese, salads, fresh juices, fish and
yogurt.These help to cleanse your system and ward off pimples.
13.Another overnight home remedy for pimples is to put a dab of toothpaste on it to help dry it out. Calamine lotion also will have the same drying effect.
14.Pound orange peel with water and apply to affected areas.
15.Another useful remedy for pimples is zinc. Which can be taken in a dose of 50 mg daily for a month and then reduce the dose.
16.You can clean your skin with apple cider vinegar as an overnight home pimple remedy.
17.Aspirin contains Beta hydroxy acid which is a powerful defoliant ,so you can crush 1to 2 Aspirin tablets mix with a little water and apply on pimples for 15 minutes and wash.
Fruit mask with mashed avocado, yogurt and a tsp of lemon juice can actually do wonders to the skin as avocados are rich in vitamin E and they actually lighten skin colour.and you`ll get glowing fair skin
Mash up one banana really well in a bowl, and add enough sugar to desired consistency (thickness) it doesn't matter how much, just make it right for YOU. Add a few drops of mint smelling flavor if you want, it sort of makes the mask cooling and smells great, mix it together to a thick paste, the sugar acts as an exfoliant and the banana is a great moisturizer. Leaves your skin as soft as a baby's bottom, just massage gently onto you skin briefly and let stand till dry, then rinse with warm water, use on any part of the body that needs to be softened.
Take a tablespoon of olive oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of fresh cream. Apply on your face and leave it on for 10 minutes, then wash off with warm water. This leaves your skin soft, smooth and glowing.homeremedy to get fair and clear skin
Wads of cotton wool dipped in cold milk are very refreshing for tired eyes. Used regularly for 10 to 15 minutes each time, this can help lighten dark circles under the eyes.
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables-while avoiding oily and spicy food and go easy on sweets-that's for those who have a smooth tooth. This is skin care that works from the inside. And don't miss your daily dose of exercise.homeremedy to get fair and clear skin
Apply a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice on the face and whole body. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.
Make a paste by mixing papaya, honey, milk, and milk powder. Apply on face and leave for a few minutes and wash, your face will look fairer.
Apply egg white to your face.
Everyone wants to have a vibrant and healthy looking skin and also want to be thin. We want to be like models we see in TV commercials and it is what been shown also. Now both men and women are conscious of their skin. People often feel that their skin get cracked in winters as it become more dry. In summers we get dry skin. One can use few tips which can really help a person get a good, healthier and vibrant skin which looks beautiful and you yourself would love it.
The most crucial reason for the drying up of skin is because of dehydration. It can be in summers and as well as in winters. The easiest way out of this is to drink plenty of water daily. It is advisable to drink around eight glass of water daily. The person should also try to avoid low humidity areas as in such conditions the skin tends to become more dry then what it was. Again, drinking lots of water can restore dehydrated water and prevent the skin from becoming dry.
A person can also go for some natural remedies like a person can wash own face with the paste of milk, sandalwood powder and rose water which helps to protect the person’s body from any bacteria formation and also restores any moisture lost thus making skin more vibrant and free of dryness. A person can also wash his or her face with the mixture of lemon juice and honey. This is very good natural remedy that helps the skin to become smooth and free from dryness. Eating lot of green vegetables can also help the skin as it has some essential elements that protect the skin from cracking which is a common phenomenon during winters.
A person can also massage his or her body with oil roughly twenty minutes before going to bath. This is easiest and the best way to get rid of dry skin and get a smooth and soft skin. A big mistake that lots of people makes is that after the bath lots of people rub their body hard with towel which is a wrong habit as it damages the skin. One should be gentle with the skin and should dry water on the skin with the towel gently.
One can also wash his or her face every time he or she comes back home from outside. This will remove all the dust and/or bacteria present on the face and thus can prevent the person for acne. One should also drink milk with honey as this combination gives lot of energy to the body and also purifies the blood thus preventing the formation of any red spots on the skin.
If one has oily skin then that person should wash his or her face and hands at least twice a day. This will prevent the clogging of the pores present on the skin and thus can prevent the skin from becoming oily.
1. Carry a few accessories in your bag like mini makeup kit, a few pieces of jewellery and a pair of shoes, or you can keep the makeup kit and shoes in your office in your locked drawer in case of emergencies.
2. Now for the change of dress: just remove the plain blouse you had worn to your office over your saree and wear zari choli or embroidered choli or blouse. Same with churidar Kameez or Salwar Kameez; just lock away your ordinary dupatta and wear an exotic dupatta and see the deference it makes to your appearance. The dupatta and the blouse can make a big difference to the occasion. If you have worn pants or skirt and jacket, then wear under a stripy nicely embroidered and sequined top and in the evening just lock away the jacket and your days clothes will be complete transformed.
3. In the make up kit always carry foundation, lipstick and mascara. Wash the face nicely, then apply foundation all over the face after mixing it with little rose water. Blend thoroughly with upward outward strokes over the entire face. Mascara is a must for the starry eyed look. If you do not prefer mascara, then you can use eyelash curler. By making lashes turn upwards they appear longer and eyes look larger. Place curler as near to the baseline as possible, squeeze for a few seconds and gently work the curler out towards the end of the lashes for a natural curl. To apply blusher, smile and place a little of your lipstick colour on the apple of the cheeks using a circular motion. Blend upwards and outwards until there are no lines to indicate where blusher begins and ends. For using lipstick, first outline the lips with a lipstick pencil and then fill in the colour with lipstick. For the more natural look, you can use a lip pencil that is either the colour of your skin or a shade darker. Fill the lips with plain lip gloss for a complete natural look. You may also use a frosted lipstick in natural tones, for a party a strong recommendation is to use waterproof lipstick which does not smudge.
4. You can either use a dressy bendi or you can make your own bindi with your lipstick.
5. And as for the ear-rings you can use hops which are latest fad in tinsel town. And lastly do not forget the perfume. While using perfume to avoid wastage and to ensure that it lasts you all evening you should dab it behind your ears and at the pulse points like wrists, inside your elbows, at the end of your neck line and inside your knees. In this way with each pulse beat the perfume will spread further and further not only enveloping you but also everybody else in its lasting fragrance.
Few beauty tips that can help person look beautiful or enhance his or her beauty are:-
• One should try to drink minimum of eight glass of water daily.
• To make your body smell good and kill bacteria then one should add four to five drop of milk and mix it with rose water and sandalwood and then apply this to the body and face. Keep this mixture for 20 minutes and then take a bath.
• One can also apply the mixture of lemon juice with warm honey and apply it to face and then wash it.
• Milk has got lots of moisturizer in it that can help one to keep their body smooth. So, one can massage one’s skin with this.
• Lots of people like to take a bath with hot water, but taking a bath with hot water do not refreshes a person, so it is always good to take a bath with a little cold water. One should also not rub one’s skin roughly with towel but try to be gentle.
• One can also apply mixture of water and mashed carrot on the skin to make it smooth.
• Massaging the body with the mixture of cream and turmeric powder to get a smooth skin.
• A person suffering from acne or who want to prevent acne should wash their face with face wash at least thrice a day. If one has came back from outside then also one should wash his or her face. This will prevent the formation of bacteria and will also remove one if it is there.
• The person should also try to eat at least five different colored foods daily. This will provide almost all type of nutrients that our body requires.
• One should avoid eating junk food and instead try to eat fresh fruits for snacks.
• A person should also have a proper sleep because if a person does not have proper sleep then that person will certainly not be as active as the person was.
• People can also do some exercise like jogging as this will keep the person fit and active.
• One should also try to eat lot of green vegetables as they can prevent the rupture of the skin.
Skin is one the most interesting organs of human body, skin accounts to more sixteen percent of the complete body weight. Skin is made up of sweat pores, cells and sebaceous glands. Skin care is top priority for us these days and to maintain your skin you just need some simple home remedies which can give you radiant and glowing skin. The advantage of using homemade recipes for skin care is that they are very cost-effective and simple in use. If you want to make a good skin moisturizer then you can use coconut oil or butter, this natural recipe locks whole natural moisture thus preventing dryness of your skin.
If you are suffering from dry skin all you need is almond oil, this homemade recipes will lubricate and smoothen your skin, adding to your overall glow. If you are looking for home remedies for skin softening, then you can also use apricot oil. Warts are something that is always irritating you can get rid of warts by applying banana peels on them. Usually those having oily skin suffer from blemishes, to avoid blemishes you can use tea as its tannin acid absorbs those extra oil causing blemishes. Here is very effective homemade recipe for skin cares just add 3 tablespoon of lemon juice and one quarter of milk to bath water along with baking soda. With this recipe you will have blemish free smooth and soft skin. For good skin, try to avoid products rich in alcohol and caffeine.
Home remedies for skin care
You should drink plenty of water; take complete 8 hours of sleep and proper rest. Also eating green vegetables and raw fruits can give you healthy and glowing skin. For bacteria free skin mix water and aloe vera juice in bottle and apply on legs, arms, face and back. Also a paste made up from turmeric powder and sandalwood powder mixed with one teaspoon of milk is very good for those who want to add glow to their skin. For oily skin you can use a paste of water and nutmeg. Before going to bed apply aloe vera pulp directly to skin if you want to avoid those age spots and wrinkles. Turmeric powder mixed with coriander juice is also very beneficial for skin. If you are suffering from discoloration of skin then apply grinded almonds mixed with one tablespoon of lemon juice and few drops of fresh cream on your skin and leave it to dry for 15 minutes. After drying wash it with Luke warm water.
If you have oily skin, then make a paste of basil and water and apply on affected areas of skin. Those having oily skin suffer from pimples one home made remedy for pimples is to make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply on skin for some time until it is dried and then wash it off with warm water. If you follow these basic skin care tips you will surely get desired results.
It is much better if you can use the home-made face-pack instead of ready-made. Whereas Indian women are attracted towards make-up, the European women are getting more and more inclined towards using the herbal and natural therapy. These beautifying things do not affect the skin adversely. Though the costly make-up bought from the market increases your beauty temporarily, it cannot be overlooked that the repeated use of these artificial means leaves scar in the shape of early ageing. Homemade facepack helps in providing natural oil and moisture to the skin. If you just look carefully you will find many of the ingredients of face-pack in your kitchen. Some of the important ways to prepare face-pack at home are as below:
Egg Face Mask : Take the yolk of one egg, mix in it two spoonfuls of rose water and one spoonful of honey and preserve. Use it once a week. It is useful in winters. If you have wrinkles, take the white of an egg, beat it, mix in it three spoonfuls of oat-powder; one spoonful of honey and apply on the face. For still more dry skin another method is thus: Yolk of one egg, two spoonfuls of orange juice, half a spoon of lemon juice and a few drops of sweet almond oil. Mix it well, beat it and apply it. Keep it for half an hour before washing it off.
Soyabeans or Masoor Dal (Lentil) Pack: Take fifty grams soyabeans (or masoor dal), soak it in water over-night. Grind it well next morning into a paste after removing the shells. Mix unboiled milk and almond oil in the paste and apply.
Besan (Gram Flour) Pack: Take one spoonful of besan, a pinch of turmenc (haldi), half a spoon of honey and half a spoon of olive oil. Mix it well and apply.
Multani Mud Face Mask : Take a spoonful of finely ground multani mud, a spoonful of rose water or cleansing-milk and prepare a thick paste. Apply a thick coat on the oily part of your face and a light coat on the dry part. Let it remain for ten minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Urd Dal Pack: Grind urd dal into a fine powder, mix rose water, glycerine and almond oil, make a paste and apply.
Sandalwood Pack: Make sandalwood paste, add rosewater and apply it on your face. It has cooling effect. If the skin is oily, add a small quantity of sulphur to it.
Mint Pack: Grind fresh green mint and apply the paste on your face for twenty to twenty-five minutes. It absorbs internal heat of the skin.
Curd Facial Mask : Take 1 spoonful of besan, 2 spoonfuls of curd. Mix well, apply it for half an hour. It is soothing for the skin affected by heat-wave. Butter coating: If the face is dry due to heat, beat a spoonful of butter in water and apply.
Cucumber Pack: Peel a cucumber and grind it fine. Put unboiled milk in it and apply. It is softening.
How many times should one do the facial?
It depends upon your age and the nature of skin. For those who are in the age-group of fourteen to twenty-five and who have normal skin or at least do not have a very dry skin, facial once a month is sufficient but for those who have dry or dull skin facial twice a month is necessary. For those who are older, facial once a week is a must so that age does not show on the face.
Given below is the method to do a half-hour facial:
Tie your hair tightly towards back side.
Clean the face with a cleanser so that the make-up and the dust particles, if any, are removed. Use tissue-paper or soap and water to clean your face. It is necessary to clean your neck also along with face.
Use cotton wool to apply freshner on the face and neck so that the last traces of cleanser are removed.
Put moisturizer in dots on your temples, cheeks and chin and then let the skin absorb it.
Now wash the face with clean tepid water.
Make face-pack according to the nature of your skin, and apply it on your face and throat, leaving the area around the eyes. Soak the cotton wool in rose water and place it on your eyes. You can use unboiled milk or alcohol free freshner also, instead of rose water.
Now lie down and allow the face-pack to dry for about twenty minutes.
Remove all the remains of face-pack. Dry your face and neck by patting with a soft towel and apply a good moisturizer.
The environment we live in, plays havoc on everyone’s skin, even those who always seem to look radiant and moisturized. The question is how can we make our skin look radiant and glowing without causing damage to it by using chemicals.Besides good genetics, there are a certain amount of commitment to healthy skin.Healthy skin comes from a combination of sun protection, healthy eating, exercise, low stress levels, 6-8 hours of sleep a night, and a daily skin regimen. The process of cleansing, exfoliating, steaming, and hydrating can be done with some basic steps and ingredients. Experience a variety of treatment options to revitalize your skin, replenish essential nutrients and reduce the signs of skin damage and skin again.Time required : 30-45 minutues1)
Relax you mind:
1)To relax the mind, lure your senses by turning off the bright lights. Light some aromatic candles with a soft music at the background.
2)Cleanse your skin: Cleansers help to get rid of dirt and make up without any traces. With the help of a milk cleanser clean the skin gently in a circular motion. Apply the cleanser to your face and throat, and use upward circular motions.After a fine massage, rinse well with water and pat it dry.
3)Exfoliate: Exfoliate your face with a gentle face scrub.Concentrate on the areas around your nose and forehead. For a combination skin, work harder on the areas that are more oily. Make sure to use scrubs that don't dry your face. Rinse it with lukewarm water
4)Steaming: Steaming is essential as it opens the pores and increases circulation on the skin's surface.Pour hot steamy water in a large bowl and bring it to the place you are going to do the facial. Lean your face over the bowl about a foot away and cover your head and the bowl to preserve the steam. If you feel a burning sensation then stop for few seconds and repeat it. Keep the steam going for about 10 minutes.
5)Toning: As the pores are open, your skin is in ideal state for maximum absorption. So, gently massage a regenerating serum or toner at this stage.
6)Face masks: envelop your skin with a face mask that suits your skin to enhance the skin care treatment .To replenish the pores apply toner by misting or cotton pad.
7)Moisturiser:smooth on, a soft moisturizer according to your skin type. Apply the lotion all over the face and neck avoiding the area around the eyes. Apply an eye cream all around the eyes. This final stage will help in protecting your skin until your next facial..
The red variety of sandalwood or rakt chandan s it is called has the ability to protect against the harmful rays of the sun and the paste can be applied to ease sunburn . It is widely used in sunscreens and other cosmetic creams these days.
Sandal wood for prickly heat
Sandalwood paste is a popular household remedy for prickly heat. It prevents excessive sweating and heals inflamed skin. It has a naturally cooling effect and is specially beneficial during summer. Hence smearing sandal paste on children to protect form the terrible summer heat is highly recommended. It prevents rashes and is gentle on their skin. That's why sandalwood is the ingredient of choice in many baby skin care products also.
Sandalwood for stress
Sandalwood oil is a sedative and it soothes the nerves. It can provide relief in stress and so is used in aromatherapy.It also has a soothing effect on the skin and mucous membranes.
2 tablespoonfuls of gram flour (Besan)Rose waterListerine -1/2 tsp Water – 2 tspSandalwood paste – 1 tsp
Mix all the ingredients well. Apply on face with a swab stick. Let the mask dry on the face. Moisten it by splashing cold water on the face. Then, with eyes closed, remove it with a wet face towel and wash off thoroughly.
Another simple way to smear sandalwood paste mixed with a pinch of turmeric. Allow it to dry off and then wash it off. This will dry and heal pimples quickly.
Red sandalwood(rakta chandan) aste – 2tsp
Prepare pastes of red sandalwood and ordinary sandalwoods by rubbing them with pure water on a stone. To these paste mix turmeric and honey and let all the ingredients blend well. Apply it on your face until it dries. Turmeric is an antiseptic and honey heals the skin. The effects of these two ingredients combined with the cooling effects of red sandalwood and ordinary sandalwood pastes soothe the skin and help heal the pimples quickly.
Mix 1 oz of sandalwood oil with 2 oz of coconut oil and store it in a bottle. Rub this on the face before going to bed. If you don't like keeping any muck on your face before going to bed, then you can apply it a few hours before, and when you are about to retire to bed, you can clean it off with a cotton swab moistened by warm water.
Rub sandalwood (chandan) and camphor (kapur) in a little water on a stone and apply this paste a few hours before bedtime. Wash it off before going to sleep
Fragrant sandalwood (Chandan), is indeed a very valuable tree and is synonymous with our rich culture and tradition. It has been used both as a cosmetic and as a curative, down the ages. Women in ancient India have used it as a cosmetic to beautify their skins and to perfume themselves. Both sandalwood and its oil have been used in Ayurveda for many centuries. Unfortunately it often falls prey to the poacher's axe who fells it down mercilessly for his own selfish and commercial interests. If this kind of indiscriminate poaching is not stopped then the day is not far off when this priceless tree will become extinct.
Skincare with sandalwood
Sandalwood is also ideal for protective skin care. Its antiseptic quality helps to treat rashes, spots, blackheads and other skin eruptions. Its germicidal quality inhibits the growth of bacteria. It has also been found to improve the skin's ability to moisturize itself. Application of sandalwood paste tones up the skin. It is specially beneficial to oily skins, because it is astringent in nature.
An excellent face mask with sandalwood:
Method:Mix well and apply on face and neck. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. It leaves the skin tingly fresh.
Sandalwood to cure itching
Sandalwood paste has a soothing effect and helps relieve itching in scabies.
Sandalwood to cure excessive sweating
Sandalwood powder can be mixed in rose water and applied over parts of the body where there is profuse sweating .
All it takes is a few season fruit to restore that perfect glow on your face. Here are a few time-tested remedies that are absolutely hassles free. As a bonus we even share secrets to pearly whites!
Blend equal quantities of strawberries, pear, grapes, apples and orange in a blender. Apply a thin film of honey on face and apply this deliciously good fruit mask. Let it stand for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Powder orange peels and blend in curds. Apply on scarred or pigmented areas and wash off after 15 minutes with cold water
Whisk away those wrinkles and keep your facial skin soft and supple, by using these homemade egg-based face-packs. . For normal skin, mix the yolk of one egg, with two spoonfuls of rosewater and one spoonful of honey and preserve. Use it once a week. It is especially useful in the winter, to keep skin soft and glowing. .
For wrinkles , take the white of an egg, beat it, mix in it three teaspoonfuls of oat powder, one spoonful of honey and apply on the face. . For dry skin, use this regularly. Mix the yolk of one egg, two spoonfuls of orange juice, a few drops of sweet almond oil and half a spoon of lemon juice. Mix well, beat and apply. Keep it for half an hour before washing off.