Skin Care Tips
One of the most crucial factors in skin care is cleansing.
This is because dirt, pollution, residual makeup, etc. can cause havoc to your skin leading to skin ailments and even hastening the aging process.
Tips for skin care:
- Always wash your hands first.
This will prevent transfer of bacteria to your face.
- Begin with your hairline, as hairstyling products attract dirt. Then sweep the cleanser over your face and lips and then down you neck to beyond where you apply foundation.
- After you have applied your cleanser, massage it in gently with the balls of your fingers. Then leave it on for a minute or so to let the make-up melt away. After that, use a soft cotton ball to wipe away dirt, pollution, and cosmetic build-up – without tugging at your skin.
- Lastly, wash your face with water and a good quality face wash so that all traces of dirt are gone and your skin becomes perfectly clean.
Skin toning is absolutely necessary for all types of skin and ought to be made a part of daily skin care. It is refreshing, enhances blood circulation and adds a healthy glow to your skin. This is how you should ideally do it.
Steps for skin toning:
- Soak cotton wool pads in a skin tonic and wipe your face in outward and upward strokes.
- Each movement must end at your temples. Apply gentle pressure at your temples.
- While applying toner on your forehead, start from the centre and move outwards on either side, again ending at your temples.
- Apply toner on your chin only in circular motions.
- Tone your neck as well, stroking downwards from your chin.
- Tone around your eyes, but very, very lightly.