Acne Skin Care through Natural Herbs
Acne is an inflammatory skin disease that can occur in any age but mostly in the period of puberty. This skin problem originates from the root of the hair follicles where they are associated with sebaceous glands. Such structures are called as pilosebaceous glands. When the blood circulating in these glands is impure, then it causes eruptions on the surface of the skin. These eruptions are commonly called as pimples or zits.
What are the causes of acne?
• Improper or faulty diet
• More sexual desires in adolescence
• Deficiency of vitamin A
• Menstrual problems, such as irregular or delayed periods
What should be the diet to cure acne?
• Eat green leafy vegetables. This will provide the cellulose for roughage, which takes care of proper movement of bowels
• Avoid spicy and sugary food. Keep your diet a perfect balance of foods with different tastes.
• Include fresh fruits in your diet. This will build up proper water content in your body, which will make the blood purer.
• Do not eat fatty, deep fried, high sugar content food and milk products
• Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
Do’s and don’t for acne
• Protect the affected area from harmful rays of sun and also don’t wash your face frequently and keep your skin dry.
• Prefer using mild natural cleanser for skin cleaning to prevent acne growth.
• Try to expose your skin to fresh air and sunlight. This will help in opening the pores on the skin and lead to better circulation
• Avoid any type of stress. Stress can release more hormones, which would exacerbate the acne. Do those activities only which you like most.
Acne skin care through home recipes
• Prepare a paste of orange peels and apply on the affected area.
• Squeeze indian plum or jambola in water and this paste must be applied on the affected part. This is more effective in the pimples that appear in early youth.
• You can also prepare a mixture of nutmeg and red sandalwood in water. Apply this mixture on the face.
• Prepare a paste of either turmeric and neem leaves or turmeric and sandalwood paste also gives relief from acne
• You can also apply grated potatoes on affected area to get relief from acne pain and inflammation.
• Apply garlic paste on the affected area. It will help the acne to dry living no scars.
• You can also boil tulasi (holy basil) leaves on water. Cool it and apply on effected area with cotton, it is beneficial for acne treatment
How ayurveda helps in acne cure?
There are few herbs that are found to be beneficial in the treatment of acne.
• Mint leaves (Pudina): The leaves of pudina have good cooling properties, and are commonly used as anti-inflammatory agent.
• Papaya: It has excellent properties for reducing pimples by direct application on them.
• Turmeric (Haldi): It is also commonly used for all skin ailments, including psoriasis
• Sandalwood (Chandan): It has also very cooling effects and its mild fragrance brings freshness to the affected part. It purifies the blood and prevents further outbreaks of acne.
• Aloe vera: It takes care of marks left behind by acne that have dried away. It restores the former sheen of the skin.