Youthful Skin with sugar
A nice thing to do for your face each day is wash it with sugar. This combination chemical and physical exfoliant sends dulling dirt down the drain, can increase cell turnover so you can always put your newest face forward, and helps other products penetrate and work better. Best of all, you probably have some in your kitchen cabinet right now. Read on to learn how to keep facial skin youthful with sugar.
Things You'll Need
1) Put enough sugar for several treatments into a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. It’s more convenient to have your sugar handy at the sink than to run to the kitchen when you remember. You’re more likely to use it every day and consistency counts.
2) Wash your face with your normal cleanser and lukewarm water. Leave wet.
3) Spoon a tsp. or more of sugar into the palm of your hand. Drizzle a few drops of water over it...enough to dampen but not dissolve it.
4) Use the fingers of your other hand to apply the wet sugar mixture all over your face and neck.
5) Massage gently into your skin. Gently. There’s no need for force, since sugar exfoliates mainly by chemical means. A little mechanical action just adds to its effectiveness.
6) Brush your teeth, lotion your legs or pick out your outfit while you leave the sugar mixture on for about five minutes.
7) Rinse off with lukewarm water. You can remove most of it by splashing with your hands, but you may need a soft washcloth to remove the last bits of sugar from the neck and hairline. You can apply any products you normally use immediately.
Tips & Warnings
1) Note that this is one of the rare beauty treatments that works on both facial skin and neck skin.
2) Be sure to get all the sugar off your face and neck. You don’t want to go through the day sticky.
3)Splashing may get sugar water on the counter around your sink. You’ll want to wipe this off too.