Do's and Don't for Dry Skin
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dry skin:
• Eat fresh fruits. Consume sweet foods to build up the starch content in the skin.
• Cumin, coriander and turmeric are the best condiments and spices to be used in the diet. These soothe the skin.
• Water is the most important part of the diet for treating dry skin. Drink about 7 - 8 glasses of water daily.
• Restrict your intake of alcohol and caffeine containing beverages since they can make the skin drier.
• Do not use chemical soaps as it takes away the natural oil from your face.
• Do yoga and aerobics regularly as it keeps the skin clean and soft.
• Massage your face at least twice a week using rose water and glycerin. This will remove dry skin and will tone your skin.
• Protect your skin from harsh sun rays and air pollution as they let the skin to lose their moisture and beauty oils.
• Avoid applying makeup on dry skins as it makes the skin rough and dry.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Following are some of the effective home remedies for dry skin:
• Prepare a paste by mixing avocado, one banana and half papaya. Apply this paste on your face, neck and other dry skin area and let it dry for 15 minutes then using warm water wash your face. It is very useful in treating dry skin and clear scars.
• Prepare a paste using 1 teaspoon egg yolk, 1-2 teaspoons milk powder, and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this paste on face, neck and other dry skin area and let it dry for 10-15 minutes then wash your face using cold water. It is very effective homemade recipe for dry skin.
• Apple is also effective natural remedy for dry skin. It contains potassium and tannin that are vital for maintaining the healthy texture of the skin. It removes the dryness of the skin and makes it appear shinier. Take 2-3 apples, grate them and apply on the skin, keep it for 20 minutes and then wash using cold water.
• Cucumber is also commonly used for dryness especially of the face. Its juices have a cooling effect on the face and provide the lost water content to the face and reduce its dryness.
• Honey is a boon for natural skin care. Take ½ tablespoon of honey and mix it with 1-2 tablespoon of rose water. Apply on face, neck, and other dry skin area. This will clean the skin, tones it, and makes it glowing.
• Almonds are also applied on the skin for nourishing. Face massage using almond oil makes the skin soft and removes dry skin. This is natural and best.
• Lemon has a lot of benefits to our health. It is an integral part of many homemade recipes. Mix one teaspoon lime juice with one teaspoon avocado and apply this on the face and let it dry for 10-20 minutes, it will clean the skin and remove dry skin.
Herbal Remedies for Dry Skin
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for dry skin:
• No doubt aloe vera is miracle herb for skin care. It replenishes the skin by providing the nutrients. Its extracts are used for massaging the skin. It is very effective herbal remedy for dry skin.
• Prepare a mixture by adding 3-4 tablespoons of Fuller earth (multani mitti) with 8-10 mint (pudina) leaves. Freeze the pack overnight. Keep outside for 10-15 minutes and then apply it on your face. After 10-15 minutes, wash off and pat dry. It has good results in treating dry skin.