Using a face mask is beneficial in cleansing, smoothing and improving the appearance of your skin. While store-bought face masks can be pricey, you can make your own using a spice you likely have in your cupboard. Turmeric is effective in treating acne and removing its blemishes, as well as in giving your skin an attractive glow. Make this turmeric face mask and enjoy its healing and beautifying effect.
Things You'll Need
2 tsp. gram flour
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1) Go to an Indian supermarket or a health food store to purchase gram flour. This flour goes by several different names like chickpea flour, garbanzo bean flour or besan, so look around carefully and ask the staff for help finding the right flour. If you can't get gram flour, you can use regular all-purpose flour instead.
2) Combine 2 tsp. gram flour and ¼ tsp. turmeric in a small bowl. Once these dry ingredients are well-mixed, slowly add several drops of milk and honey. Stir the mixture as you add the milk and honey, and judge the appropriate amounts by the mixture's consistency. You've added enough milk and honey when the mixture becomes a paste.
3) Wash your face thoroughly with soap and water. Make sure you remove all residue makeup so the turmeric face mask can properly penetrate your skin
4) Apply the turmeric paste to your entire face in an even layer, avoiding your eyes. Let the face mask sit for about 10 minutes.
5) Wipe off the bulk of the turmeric face mask with your fingers, then rinse your face with warm water to remove the rest.
Tips & Warnings
In Hindu weddings, the bride rubs turmeric paste over her arms and face before the ceremony. This traditional paste recipe is slightly different to the turmeric face mask, including ½ cup gram flour, 2 tsp. turmeric, 2 tsp. sandalwood powder, 2 tsp. almond oil and water to form a paste.