Beauty may be skin deep, but the skin is what clues us in on beauty. Good skin glows, with the help of appropriate skin care. Skin, like the rest of the body, needs the right kind of nourishment. Skin that glows is healthy and delays the aging process—something everyone wants. Follow these steps to turn your skin into skin that glows.
1) Practice good habits. Poor diet, smoking and too much sun shows up on the skin by making even young skin looked aged. Diets high in Omega-3 oils mean healthy skin and hair. A good source of Omega-3s is oily fish like tuna or salmon. Take antioxidants to fight damage from the environment, and make sunscreen part of your daily care. Look for moisturizers and foundations that include sunscreen.
2) Clean your skin. Take off all makeup every night before going to bed. Wash skin with fragrance free soap make specifically for faces. If you're prone to breakouts or itchy skin, choose facial cleanser for sensitive skin
3) Say no to long hot showers that strip necessary oils from your skin. Think cooler and shorter showers to promote healthy skin. Apply moisturizer when your skin is still damp to lock in moisture.
4) Moisturize your skin regularly, particularly before going to bed. Choose moisturizer with alpha-hydroxy acids or try a couple of drops of olive oil at night to moisturize skin without leaving a greasy feeling.
5) Moisturize inside as well. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your insides hydrated. This translates to glowing skin on the outside
6) Give your skin extra care during the winter when dry air can dry out your skin. Consider running a humidifier to increase moisture in the air. Change to a heavier moisturizer
7) Exfoliate your skin regularly. Skin is alive and always replenishing itself. Help remove the dead skin with exfoliating products containing oatmeal or special exfoliating mitts.